TOUR DE DANCE
International distribution network specialised in Contemporary Dance
« TOUR DE DANCE » is an international distribution network specialised in Contemporary Dance which wants to facilitate, optimise and pool dance performances tours – generally non-European – in a « restricted » geographic perimeter and in a « defined time » in Belgium, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, France, Holland and Germany.
Set up in 2015 :
- Théâtre de Liège, Belgium
- Les Théâtres de la Ville de Luxembourg
- La Comète – Scène Nationale de Châlons-en-Champagne, France
- Charleroi/Danses – Centre Chorégraphique de la Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles, Belgium
- Holland Dance Festival in The Hague, The Netherlands
- Le Concertgebouw/cultuurcentrum de Brugge, Belgium, Belgique
- La Scène Nationale 61 d’Alençon, France
- Les deux Scènes de Besançon, France
- tanzhaus nrw, Germany.
- ITA, Nederlands
The Federation of this 11 production and distribution companies of international choreographic works’ allows significant savings of scale in terms of travel costs and performance setting. It also offers the public an important variety of programming focused on cultural diversity by going off the beaten path.
In 2015/2016, the first « Tour de dance » organized between the 9 partners generated more than 20 representations and were related to the following companies : Buenos Aires Tango (Argentina), Batsheva Dance Company (Israel), New Zealand Dance Company, Juan Onofri Barbato (Argentina).
In 2016/2017, the 9 partners generated 6 representations of Anthony Hamilton’s performance « Meeting » (Australia).
In 2017/2018, the 9 partners will generate 20 representations by co-presenting the following companies : Martha Graham Dance Company (USA), Bouchra Ouizguen + Carte Blanche (Morocco/Norway), Rianto + Danses des masques de Cirebon (Indonesia), Gregory Maqoma (South Africa).
The network should continue to widen over the coming years and plan to set up a joint production in the form of an order to an artist.